Where to find the high points of High Point
By Michael Posa, FTS
In many parts of the country, things are heating up!
As we all look for that spark to generate and drive customer traffic to our stores — especially before the doldrums of summer selling set in — there’s no need to look any further than next week’s High Point Spring Market (April 22-26) for new and exciting products.
Your AVB merchandising team is on site at the North Carolina show and is planning to visit nearly 100 vendors over the course of four days. As always, let us know if there are any new vendors you’ve brought on that you’d like us to check out!
Also, please make time to stop by the Magnusson and Legacy Classic showrooms if your schedule allows. These are our newest BrandSource partners and they both have some very exciting lines to share. (And Legacy has a “Hot Buy”you should jump on.) Don’t forget to mention that you are a BrandSource member!
Until then, here’s a preview of some of fun finds from other BrandSource partners that you’ll want to see firsthand at the show:
- Ekornes is introducing its first Stressless mattress to the North American market. As Furniture World reports, the company has been producing mattresses since 1937, so they are very familiar with the market. Keeping within their luxury format, their first American introduction will be a multi-layered, customizable mattress called “Stressless Sky” that will retail for $3,999.
- Klaussner will show two new Trisha Yearwood Home collections, Home News Now reports. Adding to her seven previous collections over her nine-year history with Klaussner is a 41-piece opus dubbed “Today’s Traditions,” and a 31-piece collection called “Staycation.”
- Armen Living will be introducing its largest outdoor furniture showing ever, according to Home News Now. Check it out, along with one of the market’s strongest barstool line-ups.
- Flexsteel is building on the recent success of its Charisma brand with a second wave of product introductions in High Point.
- I’m throwing this one in because it is soooo different: a sofa upholstered in cork leather, by PortugaliaCork’s, as featured in Furniture Today.
- Finally, widening its net for an even greater range of consumers, La-Z-Boy will showcase no less than 18 new products next week.
Michael Posa is General Manager of Home Furnishings for YSN publisher AVB BrandSource and leads the group’s home furnishings initiative, Furniture Technology Source (FTS). Contact him at Michael.Posa@avb.net.