By Alan Wolf, YSN
Not all was the business of business during BrandSource’s 2020 Virtual Convention.
The AVB Events team made time for plenty of laughs as well, whether it was surprise celebrity greetings from actor Charlie Sheen, TV personality Dog the Bounty Hunter and boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard; the outrageously attired Tom Bennett and Chad Evans for their respective Pool Party and Stampede events; or a host of gifts, giveaways and competitions, including the Region Spirit Awards for best display of sports team garb.
Winners of the latter, who were named Region Kickoff MVPs and awarded DoorDash food delivery credit included:
- Mike Heintz, University Electric, Pacific Rim Region
- Carl Snyder, Carls Appliance, Michigan Region
- Kristen and Jay Wilson, Appliances & More, Rocky Mountain Region
- Pete Van Dyke, Van Dyke Appliances, Northwest Region
- Ben Hubbard, Hubbard’s, Southeast Region
- Joe Lavicka, L&M TV & Appliance, North Atlantic Region
- Jeff McGee, Harclerode & McGee, Tri-State Region
- Debbie Volkmann, Volkmann Apliances, North Central Region
- Julie Miller, Cy & Charley’s Firestone, Greater Midwest Region
- Ron and Nathan Harper, Quality Appliance, Great Plains Region
- Mark Moseley, Moseley Appliance, Southwest Region
- Shauna Runkle, Ja-Mar TV, Appliance and Bedding, Mid-America Region
- Greg Phillips, Phillips Supply, South Atlantic Region
- Dave Schritter, Farmington Maytag, Maytag
Congrats to all!
For all things Convention related, visit the 2020 Convention section of YSN.
BrandSource, a unit of YSN publisher AVB Inc., is a nationwide buying group for independent appliance, mattress, furniture and CE dealers.