By Alan Wolf, YSN
It’ll be back to school for BrandSource members when AVB University convenes for a new Fall Series of vendor and business training classes in September.
The complimentary program, announced by AVB CEO Jim Ristow at Sunday’s 2020 Convention kickoff, consists of a weeks’-long curriculum of online courses by leading vendors and business experts. The 45- to 60-minute classes will be held twice a week starting September 8, with manufacturer product trainings — typical of those at Summits and Conventions — presented on Tuesdays, and general business sessions held on Thursdays.
The vendor lineup includes Whirlpool, presenting kitchen, dishwasher and laundry innovations; GE, sharing “Six Keys to Moving Customer Experiences”; plus line reviews and product trainings by LG, Electrolux/Frigidaire, Beko, Serta and Tempur-Sealy.
Thursday’s business classes will include:
- “Retail During COVID-19,” led by showroom designer, branding and display consultant, and YSN columnist Lyn Falk of Retailworks Inc.
- “Customer Experiences,” taught by Dean Lindsay, award-winning motivational speaker and business trainer;
- “Connect More, Convince Less,” with Ryan Avery, best-selling author and corporate consultant on winning principles and strategies;
- “Proverbs for Selling: Mastering Sales Through Prospecting, Referrals and Discipline,” hosted by renowned speaker, trainer and sales coach Tamara Bunte; and
- “Next-Level Service: Transforming Transactions into Unforgettable Experiences,” with Scott Greenberg, acclaimed business motivational speaker who helps entrepreneurs engage employees, serve customers and grow their businesses.
The free sessions will be open to all BrandSource members, their employees, and AVB’s Canadian and Northeast affiliates, and the classes will be recorded and added to the AVB University library for 24/7 access.
“Things are changing more rapidly than ever,” Ristow said, necessitating an adjunct to YourSource Magazine, YourSourceNews.com, Region meetings, check-in calls and one-on-one consults. “We want to make sure you get the right information, in the right way, right now.”
“It’s just an unbelievable thing that we’re proud of, bringing you the AVB University and the Fall Training Series,” he added. “Knowledge is power; we’re going to give you knowledge.”
For all things Convention related, visit the 2020 Convention section of YSN.
BrandSource, a unit of YSN publisher AVB Inc., is a nationwide buying group for independent appliance, mattress, furniture and CE dealers.