By Alan Wolf, YSN
The fourth quarter of 2019 was a busy time for BrandSource affiliate ProSource, and not just because of the holidays.
The nation’s largest specialty electronics buying group added five new Custom Integrator (CI)-level members during the period, raising the total of new additions to 33 members last year, and adding $113 million to ProSource’s annual revenue.
In addition, nine existing ProSource members moved into the bigger leagues last quarter.
The buying co-op, led by President/CEO Dave Workman, elevated the nine from Custom Integrator (CI) level to the Power membership tier, which is reserved for businesses bringing in $10 million or more in annual sales. The latest advancement, which was approved by the ProSource board, brings to 13 the number of Power elevations in 2019.
“Our growth strategy in 2019 has exceeded our expectations of the number of CI members meeting the standards set for achieving the Power membership level,” said Workman. “We are delighted by the growth in new membership in 2019 and optimistic that our growth in 2020 will continue to meet our high standards.”
The new CI members are:
• Brilliant AV, Costa Mesa, CA
• Home Technology Solutions, Matthews, NC
• Home Video Library, Portland, OR
• Invision Home Theater, Concord, CA
• Merkle Audio Video, Fort Wayne, IN
Added Director of Membership Sherry Dantonio, “The volume of growth in the Power level category demonstrates our commitment to providing the opportunity to grow within the ProSource family of members. We are excited to welcome all of our members to the 2020 Summit in Las Vegas in March.”
The nine newly elevated Power members are:
• Audio Video Extremes, Waite Park, MN
• Digital Installers, Long Beach, CA
• First Priority Audio, Pompano Beach, FL
• Hive, Tampa, FL
• Home Technology Experts, Southampton, NY
• Integrity Sound, Lakewood Ranch, FL
• Main Line Sound & Video, Wayne, PA
• Stereo and Video Center, Tyler, TX
• TVS Pro, Salt Lake City, UT
ProSource is a cooperative, member-governed, not-for-profit buying group representing nearly 600 consumer tech retailers and custom integrators with combined annual sales of over $5 billion.
ProSource is an affiliate of YSN publisher AVB Inc.